The NDA is generally one-sided; with relatively loose requirements regarding what is confidential information.
Addresses the basics: obligation to keep secret and treat confidential information with due care; limitation of use of the disclosed information to the Purpose only; prohibition to use that information for other purposes; common, limited exemptions for information that is in the public domain or developed independently, etc.
– limited to certain named employees or persons
– Non-analysis (of disclosed information such as samples) for non-permitted purposes
– competition law provision (duty not to share information of a competition sensitive nature)
– retrospective effect (to cover preceding disclosures)
– intellectual property rights (avoiding discussion that the Disclosing Party will own IP rights in improvements suggested by the receiving party)